Hello Encore Family,
With a lot of thought and prayer, we have decided to reopen our center in Plano starting with a limited number of people for a limited number of hours. This month and a half has been very hard for us, as we know it has been for you. We have been grieving the happy interactions that we had grown so used to having every day with our friends who visited the center. We miss everyone terribly!
We closed our center on March 16th because the CDC advised no more than 10 people gathered together in one room. We made the decision for the safety of our guests and our staff to close the center until the guidelines changed. The guidelines have changed, and the state of Texas considers us to be an essential business. The state feels that we fill a vital need in the community and want us to continue to operate under some upgraded guidelines.
When we first re-open and until further notice our hours will be from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. We know that these are fewer hours than you are used to, but please bear with us until we are able to get back up and running.
Our enhanced guidelines for the health and safety of our guests are as follows:
1. Temperature: The guest and family member will each have your temperature taken upon entering the front reception area. If either one of you has an elevated temperature, we are sorry but we cannot allow the guest in. Also if either of you has a cough or any kind of upper respiratory symptoms we cannot allow your loved one to stay.
2. Sign In Sheet: Our receptionist will sign everyone in and out rather than ask the family member to touch the sign in sheet.
3. Sanitization at the front: There will be a container of disinfectant wipes at the front desk. Provided that both you and your loved one are healthy, we will use hand sanitizer with over 60% alcohol at the front desk to disinfect the hands before allowing the guest behind the locked door. State guidelines also require that no family member will be able to come past the front door until this crisis is over. There will be a container of disinfectant wipes at the front desk. The family member will be asked to take one and wipe down the door handle on both sides as they leave the building.
4. Social Distancing: We plan to space the chairs 6 feet apart and remove one of the cushions from each couch so that people will not try to sit together on the couches. We are planning to put no more than 8 people to a room with one employee. There will be a “floating” caregiver available to take people to the restroom and attend to their needs as their teammate leads the activity. There will be no dances until this crisis is over. Instead, we will exercise independently to music, following a set routine lead from the front of the room, while keeping a 6 ft. distance between guests.
5. Policing Social Distance: We will have hand sanitizer readily available in case one of our guests touches another guest and immediately rub hand sanitizer on the area where they touched one another.
6. Masks: All employees will wear masks at all times inside the building and have hand sanitizer readily available. We will also try some creative ways to get our guests to also wear masks like having a “Cowboy Party” where we tie bandanas over their faces and get them to pretend to be cowboys and cowgirls.
7. Sanitization during the day: We will continue our already stringent sanitation protocols during the day that we have been successfully using for 10 years. Our motto is “disinfect, disinfect, disinfect”.
We love what we do and I think it shows in the care that we provide for our guests. We are looking forward to getting back up and running and are looking forward to greeting our beloved guests again! As of now, we will only accept 10 guests to start. If you would like for your loved one to be one of those 10 please let us know right away. As you can see by the above guidelines, we are going to do everything in our power to keep them and us safe.
Encore Memory Care Day Center